Sunday, January 20, 2008

Scouting

I am still new to the Seattle area so I often go out exploring the area and scouting for new shooting locations! I love the beaches, lakes, forests, gardens and other beautiful Pacific Northwest landscapes. Using nature as a big creative element in my images, rather than fake "school photo" backdrops, ensures that each client ends up with a beautiful work of art. This approach works especially well with maternity portraits.

So, today I was off to Lake Washington and look what I found! I can't wait to put some people into these landscapes and create some lovely nature-inspired portraits. Stay tuned to see these places again in future photo shoots!

Newcastle Beach Park: Easily accessible off the 405 near the 520 and the 90 in Newcastle - the east side of the lake. There are two beaches, a forest path, a beautiful dock, logs to sit on - and just about endless possibilities!

B_DSC_6787_web400_logoB_DSC_6811_web400_logoB_DSC_6845_web500_logoB_DSC_6791_web400_logo

Somewhere near the Washington Arboretum, there's this wonderful staircase that I found. It looks like a fairy tale and I can picture it being good for women, maternity, and older kids. I imagine it even in the rain or snow - beautiful!

B_DSC_6770_web640_logo
B_DSC_8249_web