Monday, March 3, 2008

Vintage Inspiration

child2
We all have photographs of our parents or grandparents that we love. That's why I knew I had to use a new way to bring vintage style to children's portraiture in 2008. I use some of the same beautiful cameras from the 1940s and 50s; with a twist into today's modern photography.

diptych_old_blog
I used to dig through boxes of old family photos and pull out my favorites. These are from my parents' childhood circa ~1946. There is so much nostalgia and emotion wrapped up in vintage images. For my parents, they are memories, and for me they are glimpses into the past.

I have found my favorite way to create modern kids portraits that allow us to feel that emotion now, about the photographs of our own kids, in 2008! You can see a lot more on my website at M. Larson Photo.
diptych_blog
Copyright 2008, M. Larson Photography