Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love love love!

One of my Seattle maternity portrait clients just called and made my day.  She described which maternity portraits she loved best from her session at Golden Gardens and when she told me why she loved this one...it gave me goosebumps and reminded me why I love being a professional photographer!

A few years ago, on the day of their wedding, they met on the beach as bride and groom before the ceremony to see each other for the first time in a private setting.   There were no photographs to capture the moment he first laid eyes on her in her wedding dress, but Catherine remembers this being the look on Joe's face.  She had only her memory of that moment until she saw this portrait.  It captured all the love and happiness in his face as he looked at her in a new way...now carrying his child.

Ah,  the romance!  I love it!  Knowing this story will give my heart little butterflies every time I look at it.  I am so blessed to be able to give my clients artwork that brings their unique life stories into focus.