Wednesday, October 3, 2007

How do you get that vintage look?

"Is it Photoshop?" is the question I get most often and the answer is "NO!" The vintage look comes from the only authentic place it can come from, this beautiful little baby! Her name is Margot.
B_DSC_0067_Acid_Blip
I found Margot in the summer of 2007 and began to experiment with her. It wasn't love at first site as I had to learn all about how she works and do a lot of homemade crafting and tweaking to get her to work.

One of the first photographs I considered "successful" with this new method was this one of my shoes...as you can see we've both come a LONG way since July.
B_DSC_0145_blip

Now, she comes along on all my shoots since she (and her friends that I have added to my growing vintage camera collection) is what's behind my signature looks: Vintage Motherhood, Vintage Childhood, and Timeless Women.