Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Something Clicked!

Finally, something clicked! I got the opportunity to practice on a real live model, my sister! Sisters are great guinea pigs because they know they have to sit still and cooperate or the less flattering photographs of them will appear in the next family album! :)

B_DSC_0469_web_logo

We spent August 8th, 2007 on the beach at Golden Gardens and that was the day that I knew I just had to bring this style of vintage photography to life for my clients in Seattle. We talked about what it's like to have a portrait of yourself created in a timeless way. Digital photography is great, of course, and I use it every day - but a portrait taken by Margot (and me!) begins to transcend traditional photography as it's being done today. The subject, the photographer, the vintage camera, the "contraption" I made myself, the moment, the place, and the process all come together to create something completely one-of-a-kind. It results in an unrepeatable, once in a lifetime, work of art.

B_DSC_0592_AR_web_logo